Monday, November 17, 2008

RSS to the rescue!

Do you RSS?? I do...well, I do...but don't really like it.

I have signed up for several feeds from sources that seemed interesting. I like the comic strip "Unshelved", and signed up for a random music feed on Jazz. Which I love...

I am finding that what I chose is getting on my nerves. Simply because of the sheer volume. I think the simple fact that I don't spend a bunch of time surfing and looking for entertainment has bogged or blogged;) me down. I use the Web for information and really enjoy reading headline news as well as science, technology and health related news. Ok, ok...you all know I read the really odd news too!
(often heard words in the Ref Office..."woah...hey Gina, check this out...) poor Gina...she sits very close to me and I am one of those curiosity killed the cat sort of people.

I simply need to take the time to incorporate the way that they work into the way that I read the news...then I am sure I would be hooked. But, I guess only time will tell on that one.

What I do think is useful...sign up for the NY Times Bestseller List, or the NPR All Songs Considered lists...now that rocks!

No comments: