Wednesday, February 13, 2008

wiki wiki? Jam on it...

Did you ever go roller skating, or blasting your stereo...somewhere in the mid 1980's, and the DJ played a song that went something like this..."wiki, wiki, wiki(sort of a robot voice)...jam on it, jam on it"

I distinctly remember it at the roller skating rink. Yes, I went skating as much as possibly in Elementary school. "jam on it...joined the jam on it production crew" 5th grade or so...Jordache jeans...The blue ones with the white pin stripe down them...I borrowed them, from my neighbor... I never actually owned them. Ahhhh, Jordache. wiki, wiki...click here for a listen...WIKI-JAM ON IT!!! you won't be sorry;) wiki, wiki, wiki...


Oops, I digress...we are really talking about the joys of the wiki! So, the wiki...out of the list of wiki's we were to look at, I liked the Princeton Public Library wiki for is ease. The cleaness of it all. I think you should be able to see what you want or decipher where to go easily...it shouldn't be a quest. It should be fairly obvious.

One more thing...the derivation of the word wiki. I just can't leave this sort of thing alone. According to the grandaddy of all wiki's, Wikipedia...this is the derviation.
"Wiki" (/wiːkiː/) is originally a Hawaiian word for "fast"[4].
Now, kids...don't cite this in a paper...we all know that ANYONE can post to Wikipedia. I could have made it up myself just for something cool to say. Just because I think Hawaiians are the grooviest of the groovy. Surfing, pineapples, leper colonies, surfing, King Kamehameha, Magnum PI;)volcanoes, did I mention surfing?? Oh yeah, and the word wiki!

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Former roller girls....ahhh! Good post, Laura. That music is scary.